Refer a friend promotion terms and conditions
1.These terms and conditions (the Rules) apply to the referral promotion (Promotion). By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Rules. To qualify for the Promotion, the person making the referral (you) must be an existing member with Pay.com.au Pty Ltd (we, us, com.au) and have an approved and existing Pay.com.au account.
2. You must have an existing business or personal relationship with the person you would like to refer (Your Friend). Your Friend must:
a. be resident in Australia;
b. be capable of forming a legally binding contract;
c. hold a valid email address;
d. have a contactable mobile phone number;
e. hold an ABN; and
f. be either:
i. a body corporate registered in Australia;
ii. a partnership;
iii. an Australian government body;
iv. an association (incorporated or unincorporated); or
v. an individual who is at least 18 years old.
3. To refer Your Friend, you must share the unique link provided in the Promotion email invitation that you receive from Pay.com.au with Your Friend.
4. You must not:
a. provide or publish any information, or make any representation about the Promotion to any person, other than by sharing the unique link provided to you by Pay.com.au;
b. attempt to refer any person to Pay.com.au for the purposes of the Promotion if that person has made you aware that they do not wish to participate; or
c. represent to any person that you are an agent or representative of Pay.com.au.
5. Your Friend must be a new client of Pay.com.au (not having previously held an account with Pay.com.au). All account applications are subject to our standard account opening criteria and will be governed by the terms and conditions located at terms and conditions.
6. To qualify for the Promotion, Your Friend must be approved for and open a Pay.com.au account (com.au Account) and make at least a transaction via the Platform within 4 weeks of being referred (Active Referral).
7. You must not represent to any person that a referral under this Promotion is required in order to apply for a Pay.com.au Account. Such applications may be made directly at: Referal.
8. If any restrictions or conditions apply to the opening or operation of your Pay.com.au Account or the Pay.com.au Account of Your Friend, the referral will not qualify as an Active Referral until any such restrictions or conditions have been removed.
9. If Your Friend qualifies as an Active Referral, we will allocate 5,000 Pay Points to both you and Your Friend.
10. We will not provide any payment, commission or reward of any type in connection with the Promotion unless specifically set out in these Rules.
11. Any Pay Points payable to you under these Rules will be allocated within 7 business days of Your Friend’s first transaction.
12. You will only be eligible to receive the 5,000 Pay Points under these Rules for an Active Referral one time.
13. Pay.com.au will not be liable for any loss arising from delay in your receipt of Pay Points where the cause of any such delay is outside of our control.
14. Where we consider that any of these Rules have been breached or there is any reason to suspect any participant has acted fraudulently or obtained an unfair or unintended advantage in connection with the Promotion, we reserve the right to stop or withdraw the allocation of Pay Points without notice.
15. We are the sole arbiter of the Promotion and these Rules. Any decisions about the application of these Rules are at the sole discretion of Pay.com.au, and our decision is final. We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate the Promotion or any aspect of these Rules at any time by way of 7 days prior notice published on pay.com.au where doing so would not significantly disadvantage you.
16. We will not be held liable for any losses incurred by any person in connection with their participation in the Promotion.
17. Any dispute or situation not covered by these Rules will be resolved by Pay.com.au in a manner it deems to be fairest to all concerned and that decision shall be final and binding on all parties.
18. If at any time all or any part of any provision of these Rules are or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under the law of any jurisdiction, such provision(s) shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of the remainder of that provision or all other provisions of these Rules or the legality, validity or enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction of that provision or all other provisions of these Rules.
19. These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and shall by subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Victorian courts.
Version updated 9/6/2021